There is nothing better than to see a well behaved dog. You know that the owner and the dog are understanding each other and enjoying each others company. Every day when you come home from work, no one gets more excited to see you than your dog.
There are 5 the most important things that you need to know in order to be able to train you dog:
1. Patience – patience is very important to be successful in training your dog. It's going to take a lot of repetition in order for your dog to get trained. Some dogs learn faster then the others, so knowing a little more about the breed of your dog, can give you an idea of how long it may take to train your dog.
2. Consistency – you have to invest a lot of time in the beginning. But believe me, it will pay off in a log run. You will have to repeat same thing over and over and over again until your dog learners. You need to do it whenever you get a chance, which means at least twice a day, 10 to 15 minutes at the time.
3. Reward – It is very important that you reward your dog when its doing something that you want it to do. Make sure that you always have a little treat handy. When they get reward they will learn what is acceptable and what is unacceptable behavior.
4. Team work – Always remember that you and your dog need to work as a team. The training time is also considered as bonding time with your dog, as well as exercise. Never give up on your team mate, let him / her know when he / she is doing a good job and he / she will make you a proud owner. Also, make sure that both of you are having fun. If you are having fun, your dog can sense that and it will be happy as well.
5. Exercise – Most of the time your dog is misbehaving when he / she is bored. Make sure that you give your dog enough exercise. If you can dedicate at least 40 minutes a day to take your dog for a walk, to the dog park, or have a play time with it or other dogs, or even combination of any activities mentioned, you will not have to worry about misbehaving.
There is a lot of different options available that can help you train your dog. With the busy schedule, you may not have time to drive to the obedience school. But you do not have to do that any more. There are a lot of web sites that can help you with the dog training, this way you can spend more quality time with your dog. The websites can give you helpful hints, video instructions, and you can even email an expert for specific advise. Try it and you will not regret it.